Shadenet house is a framed structure
made of materials such as GI pipes,
angle iron, wood or bamboo. It is
covered with plastics net (Nets are made of
100% Polyethylene thread with specialised
UV treatment) having different shade
percentages. It provides partially controlled
atmosphere and environment by reducing light intensity and effective
heat during day time to crops grown under it. Hence round the year
seasonal and off-season cultivation is possible.
Shadenets are available in different shade percentages or shade factor
i.e 15%, 35%, 40%, 50% 75% and 90% (for example 35% shade factor
means - the net will cut 35% of light intensity and would allow only 65% of
light intensity to pass through the net).
How Does Shade Net Work?
Each plant has its individual requirements for sunlight and shade under
which it flourishes at its best. To create optimum climatic conditions,
selection of the correct percentage of shade factor plays an important
role to enhance plant's productivity to its optimum.
- Helps in cultivation of flower plants, foliage plants, medicinal and
aromatic plants, vegetables & spices.
- Used for raising nurseries of fruits and vegetable.
- Helps to enhance yield during summer season.
- Protection against pest attack.
- Protects crops from natural weather
disturbances such as wind, rain, hail,
frost, snow, bird and insects.
- Used in production of graft saplings and reducing its mortality during
hot summer days.
- Used for hardening tissue culture plants.
- Helps in quality drying of various agro products.
- Helps in creating favourable micro environment for production of
Application of Shadenets
- Nursery propagation, floriculture, indoor
plants, vegetables, tea, coffee, spices.
- Hardening of plants.
- Cattle shed, Fish Pond, Poultry Farming etc
- Drying of various Agro products
- Acts as a wind breaker
- Greenhouse, terrace gardening & fencing
- Used as safety nets for building repairs & constructions
- Vermi compost unit
Type of Shadenets
Presently shadenets are available in different colours i.e. white, black,
red, blue, yellow and green and in combinations:
- Green x Black - cut off un-wanted U.V rays and gives aesthetic look.
Used in grape for providing shade and helps in drying.
- Black x Black - it absorbs and radiates heat inside the shadenet
house. Used in nursery raising.
- White x Black - diffuses the light inside the shadenet house. Mainly
used for flowers such as Gerbera, Anthurium etc.
- Green x Green - enhance the process of photosynthesis in plants
resulting better foliage in ornamental plants.